We offer suitable technologies to protect circuits against environmental and chemically aggressive influences by coating or housing. This enables the use of circuits and sensors and extends there durability.
Hermetische housing and coating technologies
- Metal-glass packages, Ceramic-metal, ceramic-ceramic packages
- Bake out and evacuation for vacuum applications
- Inert gas backfilling
- Welding and soldering processes: laser and resistance welding, vacuum and filling gas soldering
Soldering with vacuum and back fill gases
- Metal package, ceramic package, IR filter, with and without flux
Parylene coating can significantly improve the functional reliability of electronic components. It is often the ideal solution for protecting high-quality components. The coating is deposited on the substrate in vacuum by resublimation from the gas phase as a pore-free and transparent polymer film.
The common term parylene or parylen is the abbreviation for the chemically correct term poly-para-xylylene. Parylene is characterized by an exceptionally high resistance to almost all aggressive media and solvents. At low layer thickness the permeability to water is exceptionally low. Moreover, aging resistance is very high. Fully conformant coatingIn contrast to liquid applied coatings, parylene from the gas phases also reaches points on the component, which remain unmatched for liquid
Reasons for the use of parylene
- Electronic components are to meet the highest safety and durability requirements
- Electronic components are exposed to extreme environmental conditions
- Aggressive media should not be damaging
- Oxidation of metals has to be avoided
- Good glide characteristics and low abrasion are important
- Highest performance and certifications are required according to US-MIl- and US NBC
- For safety-relevant applications according to UL (Underwriters Laboratories)
- Parylene is still approved by FDA and USP (United States Pharmacopeia) Class VI
Very good splitting performance and best coating penetration
Optimal dielectric properties and dielectric strength
Temperature stability up to 90° C
Very good barrier effect. High moisture resistance due to hydrophobic properties.
High elasticity, therefore suitable for plastic and elastomer coating.
High layer thickness growth (up to 10 μm / h)
Temperature stability up to 125° C
Highly hydrophobic properties
High temperature stability up to 180° C
For the protection of electronic components in the aerospace industry
Highest temperature stability up to 350° C